This is a list of new features for the firmware of the LXR wished by members of the forum.
VOICE (Voice Mode)
- Select pattern in voice mode
- Global note setting
PERF, PATGEN (Performance Mode, Pattern Generator)
- Solo voice in performance mode
- New playback modes for the sequencer like forward, backward, random, ping-pong,...
- Freely assignable functions for the four knobs below the display in performance mode
- Add more types of rolls / fills / flams per voice (or even a function to save self made ones)
- Transpose utility
- Add 'copy step' function
- Change letter input when saving -> first letters and numbers and followed by all the symbols no one uses
- Looping samples
- Offset or phase controls
- pulse width parameter
- faster/better envelopes with more control in the short range.
- replace Decay with 'Length' property (determines total duration from initial trigger until fade out, decay (release) is sorted by subtracting Attack from Length)
- Attack ramps all the way to the maximum volume level before the Decay (Release) portion starts.
- Slope Type(s) 4 modes: fast attack fast decay, fast attack slow decay, slow attack fast decay, slow attack slow decay (perhaps this can be a continuous morphing parameter)
- add Attack parameter to envelope (in milliseconds)
- add Hold parameter to envelope (in milliseconds)
- add a new envelope specifically for FM
- Ratio or Frequency toggle, with coarse and fine control where possible.
- Correct names for the transient parameters in "click"
- Put user samples in here also (or instead of in OSC)
- sometimes the Click is a bit weak (see MIX)
- Add filters and resonance in transient generator menu
- tilt filter
- A 4 pole filter
- Vowel filter
- LFO rate -> extra divisions like 1 1/2, 3, 6 and 8
- there is a pattern length parameter in the mixer section, it would be handy to also have a reset parameter. For instance when you have a track set to 14 steps and reset at 32 steps it plays 2x14 + 4 steps and then resets to the first step of the sequence.
- add OSC/Click mix parameter O/C
- More clock multipliers like 2/1 (double tempo) or even slower than the original speed like 1/2 (half tempo) and so on
- 2 ppq clock setting
- independent envelope length for OSC and Noise
- Mix between Snare and Click
- Pseudo-Delay by adding length (time between two repeats) and feedback (factor between 0-1 being multiplied for each repeat) to the repeat function